Parents Urged to Warn their Children Against Burning Their Schools.

0
92

As arson cases in Secondary Schools continue to be on the rise in the country, Koibatek Kenya Union of Teachers (KNUT) Sectary Francis Bundotich has called on parents to warn their children against burning down their schools in what he termed as morally wrong and an unacceptable act.

Speaking in Solian at funeral services of the late Mwalimu Robert Kimutai, Bundotich said that the rate at which students are burning down their schools is alarming and should be condemned by all terms possible.

“Parents your children will be breaking for their half term soon, please talk to them to stop burning their schools. Tell them that it is wrong to burn a house and it is also wrong to burn a domitory. ” He insisted.

He added that this is going to burden parents at this hard economic times since they will be asked to pay for damages caused by the students.

Parents Urged to Warn their Children Against Burning Their Schools.
Koibatek Kenya Union of Teachers (KNUT) Sectary Francis Bundotich

“When they burn their schools, we will definitely have to carry the burden of paying for the damages caused.” He said.

He also urged teacher to embrace Competence Based Curriculum (CBC) saying that this is going to serve as equalizer among the bright students and those that are not bright.

” We have seen in Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) that 10% of students who sit for their, Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) qualify to join University while the rest do not. Where do the 90% go?” He asked.

Leave a Reply